VISL Project receives 14 RFQ submissions
Vizhinjam International Seaport Ltd (VISL) has announced that the project had received 14 submissions as a part of the RFQ process. The RFQ was announced on November 25, 2010 and January 10, 2011 was the deadline for submission.
Major companies including large Indian infrastructure companies like GMR, GVK, and Reliance in addition to consortiums of foreign players from Turkey, UK and Australia have submitted the RFQ. Additionally companies like Gammon Infrastructure Projects; Mundra Port; Essar; Global Yatirim Holding and STFA consortium (Turkey); Jaiprakash Associates; Patel Engineering and Limak (UK) Consortium; Sterlite Industries; Consortium of SCI, SKIL, HCCL; Consortium of Welspun Infratech and Leighton Contractors; Nagarjuna Construction Company and Condor Brookfield Consortium also submitted RFQ.
Empowered committee chaired by CEO & MD Sanjeev Kaushik, IAS opened the bids.
1. Announcement of pre-qualified applicants to take place 19-Jan-10 along with distribution of RFP document Bid evaluation/Empowered Committee will be chaired by Chief Secretary. Also on committee are:
1. Principal Sec to CM; Principal Sec, Finance; Secretary, Ports and Secretary, Law
2. 19-Jan is also date for a meeting at the Ministry of Environment and Forests in Delhi to approve the Terms of Reference for the Environmental and Social Impact Study – the first stage of the environmental and social clearance process
3. RFP submissions due 23-Mar-10
4. Requirements for EPC contract to be made known during RFP period.