Built to inform

Sign up for the daily newsletters

No, Thank you

L&T IDPL bags EPC contract for Navi Mumbai airport

NMIAPL is a public-private partnership venture in which GVK-led MIAL has a 74% stake with CIDCO

Navi Mumbai International Airport, NMIAPL, EPC, Greenfield airport, L&T infra arm, L&T IDPL, Construction of terminal building, Construction of runway, Apron area, Taxiways, GVK, MIAL, Cidco, GVK Reddy, SN Subrahmanyan

Navi Mumbai International Airport (NMIAPL) has awarded the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract for the greenfield airport to the L&T infra arm, L&T IDPL.

The work under the EPC contract includes cutting and filling, construction of terminal building, airfield development such as construction of runway, apron area, taxiways, airfield development and utilities and support facilities, among others.

NMIAPL is a public-private partnership venture in which GVK-led MIAL has a 74% stake with CIDCO, the Maharashtra government's nodal agency for the project, holding the remaining 26%.

"We are happy to partner with L&T for the Navi Mumbai airport," said GVK Reddy, founder and chairman, GVK group.

MIAL was declared the winning bidder for the greenfield international airport in Navi Mumbai that will be built on 1,160 hectares of land in phases and will eventually cater to 60 million passengers per year.

The initial concession period for the over Rs 14,000 crore airport project is 30 years, extendable for a further 10 years.

The Navi Mumbai airport, once commissioned, will initially have passenger handling capacity 10 mpa (million passengers per annum), which will be later scaled up to 20 mpa.

"We are happy that we have bagged the mandate to build the Navi Mumbai airport. GVK has entrusted L&T to develop some of their major infrastructures," said SN Subrahmanyan, CEO & MD, L&T. "Having built almost all the major international airports in the country including Terminal 2 of the Mumbai International Airport, this order once again affirms our credentials as the foremost builders of airport infrastructure in the country," he added.

Most Popular


Olympia Group announces to build up 1.1mn sq-ft greenfield it park in Guindy
The project will have a total investment of about Rs 750 crore


Vital pre-monsoon building works resume in Maharashtra
The state government has permitted pre-monsoon work by BMC and other agencies

Latest Issue

June 2020
10 Jun 2020