PPPAC meet approves 8 PPP infra projects
The 28th PPPAC meeting, chaired by the Finance Secretary, has granted approval to 8 projects of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways across three states. The total estimated project cost of the approved projects is Rs10883.89 crore.
Since its constitution in January 2006, the PPPAC has granted approval to 135 projects, with an estimated project cost of Rs137025.62 crore. These include National Highways (hundred and twenty-two projects), Ports (nine projects), Airports (two projects), Tourism Infrastructure (one project) and Railways (one project).
The details of the eight projects granted approval are as under:
* 4 laning of Qazigund to Banihal Section of Nh 1A from km 189.350 to km 204.700 including 2 tunnels of 0.69 km and km 8.45 length on BOT (Annuity) basis in the State of Jammu and Kashmir. Project cost Rs971 crore.
* Rehabilitation, strengthening and 4 laning of Ramban to Banihal section of NH 1A from km 151 to km 187 on BOT (Annuity) basis on DBFO pattern in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. Project cost Rs987 crore.
* Rehabilitation, strengthening of 4 laning of Udhampur to Ramban section of NH 1A from km 67 to km 89 & km 130 to km 151 in the state of Jammu and Kashmir (Annuity). Project cost Rs986 crore.
* 4 laning of Chenani to Nashri section of NH 1A from km 89 to km 130 including 9 km long tunnel with parallel escape tunnel on BOT (Annuity) basis of Jammu & Kashmir. Project cost Rs2519 crore.
* Rehabilitation strengthening and 4 laning of Jammu-Udhampur section of NH 1A from Km 15 to km 67 on BOT (Annuity) basis on DBFO pattern in the State of Jammu & Kashmir. Project cost Rs1813.79 crore.
* Srinagar to Banihal section of NH 1A from km 187 to km 189.350, km 270.700 to km 286.110 and 187 to 220.700 on DBFOT (Annuity) in the State of Jammu and Kashmir. Project cost Rs1100.70 crore.
* Six laning of NH 4 from Tumkur to Chitradurga in Karnataka under NHDP Phase V on BOT (Toll) on DBFO pattern. Project cost Rs839 crore.
* 4 laning of UP/Haryana border-Yamunanagar-Saha-Burwala-Panchkula section of NH 73 in the State of Haryana.