PPPAC approves PPP projects worth Rs9773.85 crore
The committee set up promote public-private partnership in infrastructure development has given its approval for six highway projects. The 44th PPPAC (Public Private Partnership Approval Committee) meeting, chaired by Secretary (Economic Affairs), Ministry of Finance met on June 20, 2011 and granted approval to 6 proposals of Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. These proposals are spread in five States. The estimated project cost of the approved proposal is Rs9773.85 crore.
Proposal granted at 44th PPPAC meeting on July 20, 2011:
• Six laning of Kishangarh Udaipur Ahmedabad section of NH 79A, NH79, NH 76 and NH 8 on BOT (Toll) in Rajasthan and Gujarat under NHDP Phase V at the cost of Rs5387.30 crore
• Four laning of Lucknow Sultanpur section of NH 56 from km 11.500 to km 135.00 on BOT(Toll) in the State uf Uttar Pradesh under NHDP Phase IVA at the cost of Rs1013.00 crore
• Four laning of Angul-Sambalpur section of NH 42 from km 112.00 to km 265.00 on DBNFOT (Toll) in the State of Orissa under NHDP Phase IV at the cost of Rs1220.32 crore
• Two/four laning of Birmitrapur to Barkote section from km 211.200 to km 336.857 of NH 23 in the state of Orissa, under NHDP Phase IV B on DBFOT (Toll) basis at the cost of Rs778.15 crore
• Four laning with paved shoulder of Bhopal to Biaora section (km 316/10 to km 423.40) of NH 12 in the State of Madhya Pradesh at the cost of Rs704.26 crore
• Four laning of Rewa to MP/UP Border of NH 7 on PPP basis following DBFOT (Toll) in the State of Madhya Pradesh (km 229/10 to km 140/6) at the cost of Rs670.82 crore
Since its constitution in January 2006, PPPAC has granted approval to 226 proposals, with an estimated project cost of Rs224464.51crore. These include National Highways (178 proposals), Ports (22 proposals), Airports (2 proposals), Housing (17 proposals), Tourism Infrastructure (1 proposal), Railways (1 proposal) and Sports Stadia (5 proposals).