1. Home
  2. >

Built to inform

Sign up for the daily newsletters

No, Thank you

NTPC to build India’s biggest power plant

Products & Services, Comment

State-owned power generator NTPC will build India’s biggest power plant with an annual generation capacity of 6,400MW in a joint venture with Jharkhand state utility. The project will be set in two phases of 4,000MW and 2,400MW to be taken up later. While NTPC will hold 76% stake in the Rs 35,000-crore coal-fired plant, Jharkhand State Electricity Board (JSEB) will own the remaining 24%. The Jharkhand government has decided to hand over 6,800 acre at Patratu in Ramgarh district to the state-run energy giant for the project.

The land at Patratu houses 10 units of thermal power, totalling 840MW. The units are operated by JSEB. The new plan includes scrapping the old units and setting up four 800MW super critical units in the first phase and another four similar units in the second phase. The Patratu plant is working at an efficiency of 5% and the power ministry has asked NTPC to take it over and build a new plant instead to trying to revive it through bidding, which is likely to take a long time.

 

 

Most Popular

Awards

Olympia Group announces to build up 1.1mn sq-ft greenfield it park in Guindy
The project will have a total investment of about Rs 750 crore

Conferences

Vital pre-monsoon building works resume in Maharashtra
The state government has permitted pre-monsoon work by BMC and other agencies

Latest Issue

June 2020
10 Jun 2020