L&T bags orders worth Rs1230 crore
Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T) has bagged six orders aggregating to Rs1230 crore from the electrical projects in the domestic market. This includes four orders valued at Rs. 1031 crore for transmission line & railway construction, and two orders worth Rs.199 crore for the construction of sub-stations. These projects will be executed by Electrical & Gulf Projects Operating Company (E&GP OC) – part of L&T’s Construction Division.
Brief details of the orders:
• Rs496 crore order from MAHATRANSCO for the construction of 220 kV multi-circuit transmission line (130 km) for strengthening of transmission system in Mumbai Metropolitan Region. To be executed on turnkey basis, this project is to be completed in 24 months.
• Rs246 crore order from Chhattisgarh State Electricity Board for the construction of 400 kV double circuit transmission line (224 km) from Korba West to Khedamara (Bhilai) to be completed in a period of 24 months.
• Rs103 crore order from Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd for the construction of 126 km of 400 kV transmission lines associated with Northern Region System Strengthening Scheme – XIV and Rampur Hydroelectric Project. This is to be completed in 25 months.
• Rs186 crore order from Rail Vikas Nigam Ltd for the construction of 3rd railway line between Panskura to Kharagpur (45 km) on Kharagpur Division of South Eastern Railway in West Bengal State. This project will increase the line capacity with respect to freight traffic to and from Haldia and Howrah as well as suburban traffic between Howrah and Kharagpur. This project is to be completed in 24 months.
The company also bagged two more orders valued at Rs.199 crore in the area of sub-station construction, which included:
• Rs71 crore order from Maharashtra State Electricity Transmission Company Ltd for the construction of 220/132/33 kV sub-station at Tuljapur & Paranda in Maharashtra. To be completed in 12 months, this turnkey package involves design, manufacture & supply of all materials including erection, testing & commissioning services.
• Another Rs.128 crore turnkey order from Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd for construction of 33 kV sub-stations in Akola & Washim under Akola Circle of Amravati Zone as a part of the Maharashtra Infrastructure Plan Phase II. This is to be completed in 24 months.