1. Home
  2. >

Built to inform

Sign up for the daily newsletters

No, Thank you

JPTL-MahaTransco begins 400kv transmission line

Jaigad PowerTransco (JPTL), a joint venture between JSW Energy and MahaTransco, said it has commissioned a 400-KV intra-state power transmission project in Maharashtra.
The transmission system consisting of 400-KV double circuit Jaigad-New Koyna and Jaigad-Karad transmission lines will facilitate evacuation of power from the 1,200-MW Jaigad Power Project.
The transmission system has power evacuation capacity of 2,500-3,000 MW, a company statement said.
The project was set up in two phases; Jaigad-New Koyna line, having a route length of 55 Km and circuit length of 110 Km was completed last year, while the Jaigad-Karad line with route length of 110 Km and circuit length of 220 Km, was completed recently.
This joint venture for development of transmission lines in Maharashtra is an example of public private partnership (PPP) in transmission business, where JSW Energy holds 74% and MahaTransco holds the remaining 26% equity and its a pioneering effort by JSW Energy and MahaTransco to facilitate power evacuation from the upcoming power projects in the state.
MahaTransco is the first state transmission utility to promote this participative approach for development of power transmission system. The 400-kv Jaigad-New Koyna transmission line was completed in a record duration of less than 24 months and 400 Kv double circuit Jaigad-Karad transmission line was completed under 39 months, considering the complexity involved, as over 55% of the route passes through difficult hilly terrain and involved various crossings of rivers and creeks, EHV power lines, railway tracks, national & state highways and forest.
JPTL was awarded the transmission license by Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission in February 2009, which empowers the company to establish and operate this intra-state transmission system for the next 25 years.

Most Popular

Awards

Olympia Group announces to build up 1.1mn sq-ft greenfield it park in Guindy
The project will have a total investment of about Rs 750 crore

Conferences

Vital pre-monsoon building works resume in Maharashtra
The state government has permitted pre-monsoon work by BMC and other agencies

Latest Issue

June 2020
10 Jun 2020