1. Home
  2. >

HDIL announces Cyber City at Kalamassery SEZ

Projects

Housing Development and Infrastructure Ltd (HDIL) has announced the dream project of Cybercity at Kalamassery, Kerala. The Government of Kerala has granted a single window clearance to the project which acquired a complete SEZ status from the Government of India. The promoters of the project, Blue Star Realtors Private Limited, 100% owned subsidiary of HDIL will invest approximately Rs2300 crore in the project. The project will be a state-of-the-art built up space of about 10 million square feet in the 70 acres land at Kalamassery Special Economic Zone (SEZ).
Announcing the commencement of Cyber City, Mr. Rakesh Kumar Wadhawan, Chairman, HDIL said, “Kochi has emerged as one of the top IT/ITES commercial real estate destinations. HDIL Cyber City will be a catalyst to Kerala’s economic growth. The project is expected to generate 60,000 new direct jobs.” Apart from these, construction of the entire project is expected to require 9 million man days which is again a major employment opportunity for the people of Kerala.
Mr. Elamaram Kareem, Minister for Industries, Kerala inaugurated the commencement of project construction activities in a ceremony held at the project site at Kalamassery SEZ. Mr. Jose Thettayil, Minister for Transport, Kerala presided over the function. Project launch ceremony was graced by the presence of Mr. P. Rajiv MP, Mr. A.M. Yousaf MLA, Mr. V.K. Ibrahim Kunju MLA, Mr. T. Balakrishnan IAS, Mr. Alkesh Kumar Sharma IAS, Mr. C.J. Mathew, Zonal Development Commissioner, SEZ’s Kerala & Karnataka, Mr. S. Ramnath, MD, KINFRA, Mr. Jamal Manakkadan, Municipal Chairman, Kalamassery, Adv. Aneeda Latheef, Municipal Vice Chair Person, Kalamassery and Ms. Sulkaikha Majeed, Ward Counselor, Kalamassery.
The entire design of HDIL Cyber City project is very much concurrent with Green building concept. Buildings and structures will occupy only 20% and the rest 80% will comprise of green spaces. No drainage will go out the project area and all the sewage will be treated internally. The 7million sq.ft of the total built up area is dedicated to IT infrastructure. The project is designed to be completed in three phases and would include amenities like hospital, training school, shopping complex, multiplex and Office spaces for IT companies. The residential component will also be developed simultaneously.

Most Popular

Awards

Olympia Group announces to build up 1.1mn sq-ft greenfield it park in Guindy
The project will have a total investment of about Rs 750 crore

Conferences

Vital pre-monsoon building works resume in Maharashtra
The state government has permitted pre-monsoon work by BMC and other agencies

Latest Issue

Sept 2020
01 Sep 2020