CIDC and UPREDCO to jointly work in UP
Construction Industry Development Council (CIDC) and Uttar Pradesh Real Estate Development Council (UPREDCO) have entered into an MoU to jointly work for the development of construction, real estate industry and infrastructure sectors in the State of Uttar Pradesh.
The MoU was signed by Dr PR Swarup, Director General, CIDC and Shri SK Garg, President, UPREDCO on 26th April 2010 at Lucknow.
The vital elements identified for the mutual cooperation are as follows:
- To disseminate information about new technologies, products, process & to show case the good practices being implimented by both the parties.
- To facilitate adoption of good practices developed by CIDC in UP state.
Conduct studies to evaluate impediments in growth & development of Housing, Real Estate & Infrastructure in UP state.
- Publish Construction Cost Index for major towns/cities in UP State.
- Study and suggest modifications in dispute redressal & resolution systems, Procurement process, project manuals, quality assurance systems being used by UP Govt.(Works Departments).
- Study and suggest improvements in taxation & other regulatory frame work, for better productivity & elimination of time & cost over runs.
- Assist the State Govt. to develop the State plan on construction, Real estate & Housing.
- Human Resource development.
To accomplish the above agenda necessary Working Groups shall be set up to steer several Projects.
UPREDCO is the Apex association of Housing & Real Estate developers in the State of Uttar Pradesh.
For any further information please contact: Anil Chadha, Dy. Director, CIDC(M ) 09313559223