1. Home
  2. >

Built to inform

Sign up for the daily newsletters

No, Thank you

Best Western plans 66 new hotels in India in 5 yrs

Best Western International Inc, USA is planning 66 new hotels in India within the next five years. It is part of the company’s aggressive business expansion plans and its continued focus on the growing needs of the Indian hospitality industry. These hotels will be spread across the country in Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities with a special focus on key manufacturing and trading cities.
Best Western’s expansion plans will see an inflow of Rs 1600 crore investments into the Indian hospitality industry. These expansion plans will reiterate the company’s leadership position as the fastest growing hotel chain in the country.
David Kong, President and CEO, Best Western International Inc, USA, said "India is the one of the fastest growing geography for the company and we are confident of meeting the hospitality needs across all segments of travelers in India. Best Western International is focused on expansion of its presence in India and is confident that India will play a prominent role in the global growth plan of the company. The company plans to open 10-15 hotels every year in India and will also focus on the growth opportunity beyond the metros where quality hospitality is just emerging especially in the Tier 2- Tier 3 cities".
To meet the needs of the Indian hospitality industry, Best Western will now focus on new areas of growth besides its continuing thrust on the three star segments with Best Western. The new focus areas of growth will be the four star hotel categories with Best Western PLUS and five star hotel categories with Best Western PREMIER properties. – 60 per cent will be in the four star and five star categories and the remaining 40 per cent will be three star hotels. The company plans to have 20 five star properties (Best Western PREMIER) within the next five years.
Currently Best Western India has 34 properties in operation and various stages of development. Best Western has completed one of the most significant business growths in India and continues to grow – from six properties with 383 rooms in 2007 to 34 properties in 2011 with 2581 rooms. The company is now looking at additional 66 hotels in India with 5919 rooms within five years
Sudhir Sinha, President & Chief Operating Officer, Best Western India, said "Discerning high end travellers, used to staying in 5 star hospitality are unable to find suitable accommodation in Tier II cities in India, at the moment. With Best Western Plus we endeavour to fill this gap in the market. The company has made commitments to its partners in India and helped them set-up world class properties in each category they operate in. The design and construction guidelines developed over the last 65 years by Best Western helps even the first time hotel developers to plan and commission contemporary hotels."
Sushant Patnaik, Director and Co-Founder, Best Western India, said "Best Western has also been an equally popular brand amongst hotel developers worldwide because of the attractive Return-on-Investment per year. With even about half an acre of land and an investment of about Rs. 12 to 15 crores, developers can build an international standard contemporary 60 room property."

Most Popular

Awards

Olympia Group announces to build up 1.1mn sq-ft greenfield it park in Guindy
The project will have a total investment of about Rs 750 crore

Conferences

Vital pre-monsoon building works resume in Maharashtra
The state government has permitted pre-monsoon work by BMC and other agencies

Latest Issue

June 2020
10 Jun 2020